If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Imagine you’re a Korean outfielder in minor league camp for the Texas Rangers and it’s lunch time. Think fast because you have to be at the batting cage in two hours. You raid the fridge and find a jar of kimchi and another jar of hot pickled okra. Now what? You have some noodles so you make a cold noodle salad. —pierino
- 9 ounces dried udon noodles
- 4 ounces kimchi
- 6-8 Texas style hot pickled okra pods
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 poached egg (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles
- Mix the rice wine vinegar and sesame oil
- Drain the noodles and toss together with the oil/vinegar
- In a serving bowl combine the noodles and kimchi
- Slice the okra across the grain and add to the noodles and kimchi
- If you are using the egg poach it to your desired runniness and spoon on top of everything. Break the egg and mix it altogether
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe that Cleans Out the Fridge