If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recipe slightly adapted from the Fresh Ricotta ice cream by PRST on food52. —goodgalsasha
- 90 milliliters whole milk
- 90 milliliters heavy cream
- 90 grams sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 grams fresh ricotta
- 50 grams cream cheese
- 20 grams chopped unsalted pistachios
- 20 grams shaved dark chocolate
- 20 grams candied orange zest
- For the gelato base combine the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, a pinch of salt, ricotta and cream cheese in a blender, blend until smooth, transfer into the fridge overnight.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions adding chopped roasted unsalted pistachios, dark chocolate chips and the chopped citrus peel at the last couple of minutes of churning. Store in an airtight container and keep in the freezer.
- Use as a filling for crispy crunchy cannoli shells.