If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is such a delicious recipe. It was inspired by lunch at Zuni Cafe in SF with my mother. The juicy cara cara oranges and blood oranges are sweet and the color is divine. Enjoy with mint or try other herbs to your taste. —cafetrix
Prepare the ingredients
- 4 Blood Oranges, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 Cara Cara Orange, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 Sunchoke, peeled and sliced thin
- 5 Mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Parsley, finely chopped
- optional: small chunk of feta cheese, crumbled
- Slice Blood Oranges and Cara Cara oranges and keep separate so they don’t bleed together. Slice the Sun Choke and place it in the vinaigrette to marinate before serving. When ready, assemble the blood oranges and Cara Cara orange and the sunchokes. Drizzle the dressing over the top, then add the mint and parsley and finally the crumbled feta cheese.
Make the Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup Good Olive OIl
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Lemon, juice of
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper to taste
- Make the Vinaigrette. Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth and incorporated. Set aside.