If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Classic vin chaud, french mulled wine, spiced with honey and brandy to keep you warm until the spring comes. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1 Bottle (.75 liter) Côtes du Rhône wine
- ½ Inch fresh ginger, sliced into 2-4 strips
- 3 Whole nutmegs
- 3 Green cardamom pods
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cups Honey
- ¼ cups Brandy
- Zest from ½ orange
- Orange slices and cinnamon sticks for serving
- In a non-reactive saucepan, combine wine, ginger, nutmegs, cardamon, pepper, honey, brandy, and orange zest. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Turn off heat and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Pour wine through a fine-mesh strainer into mugs and serve with a slice or orange and cinnamon stick.
More Great Recipes: Cocktails