Author Notes: Whenever I want a never fail recipe I always check my Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book. The one I have is the Souvenir Edition commemorating the sale of 10,000,000 books. Looking for waffles to cook this Sunday morning I went to my trusted gold edition. This recipe delivers light, crunchy Waffles ready to accept what ever topping sweet or savory you wish to add. I added a dash of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla. You may want to add other seasonings depending on your topping selection. These could also make an excellent dessert with ice cream! —Adelucchi
Makes: about 8 waffels depending on the size of your iron.
teaspoons Baking powder
Beaten egg yolks
cups Milk or milk substitute
cup Vegetable oil or melted butter
Stiff beaten egg whites
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine egg yolks and milk.
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- Stir in oil.
- Fold in egg whites, leaving a few little fluffs-- do not over mix.
- Bake in preheated waffle baker. Bake according to directions of your baker for crunchy waffles.