If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whenever I want a never fail recipe I always check my Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book. The one I have is the Souvenir Edition commemorating the sale of 10,000,000 books. Looking for waffles to cook this Sunday morning I went to my trusted gold edition. This recipe delivers light, crunchy Waffles ready to accept what ever topping sweet or savory you wish to add. I added a dash of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla. You may want to add other seasonings depending on your topping selection. These could also make an excellent dessert with ice cream! —Adelucchi
Makes about 8 waffels depending on the size of your iron.
teaspoons Baking powder
Beaten egg yolks
cups Milk or milk substitute
cup Vegetable oil or melted butter
Stiff beaten egg whites
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine egg yolks and milk.
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- Stir in oil.
- Fold in egg whites, leaving a few little fluffs-- do not over mix.
- Bake in preheated waffle baker. Bake according to directions of your baker for crunchy waffles.
More Great Recipes: