If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got asked recently to recreate a gelato/sorbet through one of my clients who had recently visited Italy. I came up with this recipe and I actually love it! It’s almost chai like, the warming spice fits perfectly with the season and colder weather. The spices gives a depth of flavour and the almond milk a richness which I like, a richness that doesn’t come from eggs yolks and double cream :)
I’d definitely recommend making this one, especially if you’re looking for a dairy free ice cream. Although it’s cold, the flavours are warming. I guess you could even have it as a chai smoothie, why not?!
I used coconut blossom nectar which has a lovely depth of flavour and is a healthier alternative to processed sugars. Maple syrup would also taste great. You can buy unsweetened natural almond milk, or make your own.
So here it is, short and sweet… Enjoy!
- 240 grams apple puree (about 4 apples) - peeled and steamed with a little lemon juice until soft, about 10 minutes.
- 225 milliliters almond milk
- 115 grams coconut blossom nectar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4-1/4 teaspoons cardamom
- In a food processor blend all the ingredients. Start with using less cardamom and tasting, ground cardamom can be quite strong. I used ½ a tsp but you may like it a little milder.
- Churn in an ice cream machine if you have one, it should take approximately 20 minutes but machines will vary. Follow manufacturers instructions.
- If you don't have an ice cream machine, freeze the mixture, take it out and blend then re-freeze repeating 2-3 times. Fold through chopped almonds after churning or the last blend.