If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grain Free Chocolate Walnut Truffles made with almond, walnuts, dates & chocolate these decadent truffles melt in your mouth not in your hand. —Megan Olson
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 10-12 pitted dates soaked in warm water 10-20 minutes
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Soak dates in a bowl of warm water 10-20 minutes to soften them
- If your dates are small, then add 2 extra otherwise 10 is sufficient
- Add walnuts & almonds to a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped
- Add dates, cocoa powder, maple syrup & mint extract
- Blend until a dough mixture is formed (*add a few extra dates if it does not combine)
- Scoop one tbsp of dough and roll into balls (*add water to your hands to help them stick in the rolling process)
- Store in a container or ziploc bag in the refrigerator for a healthy snack