If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you have roasted tomatoes on hand (I make a bunch at the end of the summer and freeze them), this appetizer comes together in no time. If not, cut a pint of cherry tomatoes in half, brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt, and bake at 300 for about an hour. —pantryhero
Makes about 1 cup
- 3/4 ounce sun-dried tomatoes (the dry-packed kind)
- 1 ounce roasted cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Boil a cup of water and pour it over the sun-dried tomatoes. Let them soak for 15 minutes, and then remove them from the soaking liquid and use a paper towel to pat them as dry as you can. Discard the soaking liquid or use it for something else.
- Finely mince the sun-dried tomatoes and the roasted cherry tomatoes.
- Put everything in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt to taste, if desired. I found that it didn’t need extra salt because both tomatoes already had some added.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors blend. Serve with crackers or bread. It's also good on sandwiches.