If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Clafoutis is a traditional French dessert that has become popular the world over for its simplicity and versatility. This was one of my favorite desserts growing up, with its flan-like eggy batter that’s light and airy similar to a cake, it was classically paired with tart cherries. In keeping with that spirit, this clafoutis recipe is delightfully full of jammy plums, sweet mirabelles and rich Pineau des Charentes liqueur. It’s as easy as making pancakes and versatile enough that when an unexpected guest comes to dinner, you can mix it with the seasonal fruits that you have on hand for a homemade dessert that is both sweet and satisfying. It’s best when served warm and sprinkled with confectioners sugar. —My French Chef
Serves 6 people
- 3 large eggs
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- 85 grams cake flour
- 400 milliliters heavy cream
- 1/2 piece vanilla bean, seeds
- 15 grams Pineau des Charentes liqueur
- 250 grams Red French plums
- 180 grams mirabelles
- 1 pinch confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Melt unsalted butter. Then spread it into the pie pan and add a thin layer of granulated sugar to the pie pan to make sure the dough will not stick.
- Wash the plums and mirabelles. Cut each French red plum in half, remove the pit and set aside. If using larger plums, cut them into smaller sections.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and the granulated sugar. Mix well. Then, add the flour to the mixture and continue to mix.Finally, add the heavy cream, seeds of vanilla bean, and the Pineau des Charentes liqueur to the clafoutis batter mixture and mix until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the pie pan and place the fruit as desired.
- Bake the clafoutis around 45 minutes at 180C until a nice golden color. To ensure the batter is fully cooked, poke a knife in the center and make sure it comes out clean.
- Dust the clafoutis with confectioners sugar and serve warm. Bon Appétit!