If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Loaded with flavor, texture and spice these Quinoa Salsa Egg Muffins are simple and versatile protein packed breakfast for on the go! —Megan Olson
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/4 cup dry)
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 6 tablespoons store bought or homemade salsa* per egg muffin
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Generously spray a muffin tin with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, egg yolk, garlic powder, cumin, salt & pepper until eggs are frothy
- Add cooked quinoa to the egg mixture to combine
- Divide the mixture among 6 muffin cavities, filling each cavity 3/4 of the way full
- To each cavity, add 1-2 tbsp salsa stirring the salsa into the egg/quinoa mixture to disperse
- Bake muffins 20-25 minutes until edges are slightly browned