If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple, delicious and quite spicy indian-inspired soup. —Mini's
- 1 Sweet potato
- half cup Red lentils
- 1 Carrot
- half White onion or shallot
- 1 teaspoon Fresh grated ginger
- Water / Veg broth
- 1 teaspoon Curry
- half teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Tomato paste
- pinches Salt
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- In a pan heat a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Peel and cut the onion, carrot and fresh ginger and add it to the pan. Cook them for a couple of minutes or til golden.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it in small cubes. Add it to the pan and cook it on medium heat til it has soften a little (5 to 10 minutes).
- Add some water or broth to the pan and cook til the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add the red lentils and some more water/broth. Cover the pan and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, spices and a pinch of salt and stir the mixture. Cover and cook for 10 minutes more.
- When the lentils are breakin up it means that they're cooked. The mixture should now result a little more dense. If you like it more liquid then, you can add some more water/broth and simmer.
- Serve it hot with some indian or spiced bread.