If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from an appetizer I once saw in a long-defunct Canadian magazine called Gusto, and probably dates to mid-1990s. It is super simple and super good. —Tim from Wpg
Makes: 36 pieces
pieces Thinly sliced proscuitto
ounces soft goat cheese, room temperature
roasted red pepper, sliced into 1/4" slices (bottled are fine, freshly roasted are better)
- - Trim proscuitto
- - overlap four pieces of proscuitto, pressing on the seams, and forming a rough rectangle
- - mix milk into goat cheese a little at a time, until you get a spreadable consistency
- - spread 1/3 goat cheese mixture over proscuitto
- - on one long end of proscuitto, lay a row red pepper slices end to end
- - roll up proscuitto roll tightly, jelly-roll style. Seal in plastic wrap, and refrigerate til goat cheese has hardened
- - repeat with remaining ingredients, for a total of 3 logs
- - when ready to serve, remove from fridge and using sharp (or serrated) knife, trim ends and then cut into 3/4" pieces. Put on decorative plate, garnish with a parsley sprig, and watch them disappear.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
More Great Recipes: