If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an adaptation of a recipe from the Greek chef Yiannis Loukakos. —elena antoniou
- 400 grams Orzo
- 50 grams olive oil
- 1 Large onion diced very small.
- 150 ml dry white wine.
- 2 pinches or a sachet of Greek Safron.
- 1 Lime, Juice and grated peel.
- 70 grams butter.
- 10 grams chives finely chopped.
- 10 grams estragon finely chopped.
- 10 grams parsley finely chopped.
- 80 grams Parmesan.
- 300 grams fresh calamari cut in 3 or approximately 2cm wide
- Sea salt and pepper.
- 1 1/2 Kilo of home made chicken stock. If unavailable a good quality store bought.
- 300 grams fresh medium to small prawns. If large cut in two.
- 12 fresh Scallops
- 2 tablespoon of each, olive oil and butter.
- Soften the onion in the olive in an deep and wide frying pan. Add the orzo and stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour the wine and when it evaporates, add 250 of the chicken stock and sir occasionally until that evaporates as well.
- Lower the heat and continue to pour the stock slowly, slowly as you would do with risotto.
- Add the saffron, then the lime with the peel.
- Follow with the butter, the Parmesan and the herbs.
- Lastly add the calamari and cook for 2 minutes. Take off the heat.
- In another frying pan, pour 1 table spoon of each olive oil and butter, and lightly fry the prawns. Place in a plate, and do the same with the scallops. When cooked cut the scallops in two or four.
- Add the shellfish to the Orzo and serve.