If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Shortbread crust topped with dulce de leche, dark chocolate and flaked sea salt —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes 16 squares
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup store brought or home-made dulce de leche
- 150 grams dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flaked sea salt
- Grease an 8×8 inch pan. Line pan with parchment paper with a few inches overhang off the sides.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar in a bowl of a standing mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- Sift in flour and salt. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Pat the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan to form a crust. Poke holes into crust using a small fork. Place pan in freezer for 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bake the shortbread crust for 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Spoon the dulce de leche over the cooled shortbread crust. Smooth the top with an offset spatula. Place pan in fridge to set for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave gradually, 10 second intervals and stirring in-between until very smooth.
- Pour chocolate over the set dulce le leche and smooth with a spatula.
- Place pan back in fridge for 15 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Lift up with edges of parchment paper to remove the whole cookie from pan. Cut into squares. Sprinkles sea salt on top and serve.