If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this for Christmas Eve 2015 as a starter and it knocked their socks off! The sauce can be made several hours ahead and assembled at the last minute...easy. —Deborah Fabricant
- 3 pounds Maine Lobsters
- Good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- pinches Sea Salt
- 8 Fresh Lemongrass Stalks (optional)
- 2 Grapefruits Juiced
Sun Jus Vinaigrette
- 3 Ripe Tomatoes Diced
- 1 Cucumber Seeded & Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/2 Medium Vidalia Onion Diced
- 1 bunch Cilantro Chopped
- 3 tablespoons Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- 6 tablespoons Good Olive Oil
- 1 Small Jalapeno, Seeded & Minced
- For Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients, adding Jalapeno to taste. Let sit at room temperature approximately 4 hours to let flavors blend.
- :Split each lobster and clean, keeping meat in the shell. Season salt and freshly ground pepper. Marinate lobsters in olive oil and grapefruit juice for one hour. Drain and discard marinade. Grill lobsters over hot coals or preheated gas grill for approximately 5 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Remove lobster meat from shells, rough chop and place in martini glasses. Top with vinaigrette and garnish with swizzle stick of lemongrass or leaf of radicchio.
- Optional Modifications: Sprinkle 2 Tbs. of flavored (orange, cranberry or lemon) or plain vodka over each martini.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends