If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 large boiling potatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch asafetida
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 0.5 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 sprig cilantro
- Peel, wash, and cube potatoes. Place cubed potatoes in a saucepan, cover with cold water, add about a teaspoon of salt and bring to boil. Cook potatoes until just soft, about 7 minutes. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin powder, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and salt to taste with 2 tbsps water. Mix until a smooth paste forms.
- In a skillet (well-seasoned cast-iron works best), heat vegetable oil. Add potatoes and fry until lightly browned. Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon.
- To the same skillet, add asafetida and cumin seeds. Cook until the cumin seeds begin to brown. Now return potatoes to the skillet.
- Pour the spice paste made in step 2 over the potatoes. Continue cooking over medium heat for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.