If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This mediterranean dip has a hummus base which is layered with colorful vegetables and topped with a generous crumble of feta. Serve alongside pita wedges or chips. Double recipe for sharing with a larger crowd. —Gather & Dine
- 2/3 cup dried chick peas, rinsed and soaked at least 6 hours
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- juice 1/2 lemon, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 10 pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- pita wedges or chips for serving
- Drain the garbanzo beans and place in a saucepan with enough water to cover the garbanzo beans by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat and simmer until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from heat and drain, reserving the cooking liquid for later use.
- In a blender or food processor, add the garbanzo beans, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, and ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon cooking liquid. Blend or process on high speed until hummus is smooth and creamy. Season to taste with additional salt and lemon juice.
- Spread the hummus in the bottom of a shallow bowl. Next layer the cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onion, and feta. Serve with pita wedges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends