If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few years back we spent a long weekend at a Phoenix resort called Hotel Valley Ho. The one thing that stuck with us was their famous “Ho-J” – a breakfast beverage which is essentially vanilla ice cream and orange juice. Who doesn’t love ice cream for breakfast and when you’re in the desert in the middle of the summer you can take the liberty to do just this.
For this recipe, we’ll have to make do with a healthier option. The Cara Cara Orange Creamsicle Smoothie. It may not be a scoop of ice cream but it’s a darn good substitute. —Oat&Sesame
- 2 Cara Cara oranges, plus zest from half an orange
- 1/2 large frozen banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup carrot juice
- 1/4 cup rolled oats, cooked and cooled (make ahead or quickly in the microwave)
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom honey (more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange oil/extract
- Blend all ingredients except the banana and zest until nice and frothy.
- Add the frozen banana. Blend.
- Top with orange zest.