If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This impress-your-guests recipe kicks the usual cheese and crackers platter up a big notch. —CravingSomethingHealthy
Makes 8 servings
- 12 whole grain or gluten free crackers
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta
- 1/4 cup softened goat cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and wrap the outside of a 4 1/2-inch springform pan with heavy duty foil. Spray the inside of the pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade, process crackers and walnuts until they are crumbs. Add olive oil and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Bake the crust until golden, about 5-8 minutes.
- Wipe down the bowl of the food processor, and process the neufchâtel, ricotta, and goat cheese. Add egg, sugar, salt and lemon, and process until smooth.
- Mix in the herbs by hand.
- Pour cheese mixture into the prepared crust.
- Place the springform pan into a larger roasting pan, and pour hot water in to the pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake the cheesecake for 40 minutes, or until the edges are golden. The center will move slightly when gently shaken, but it will firm up as it cools.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack and let cool for one hour. Refrigerate until cold, at least 3 hours, and up to 2 days.
- Before, serving, gently remove the cheesecake from the springform pan by sliding a thin spatula under the crust, and transfer to a serving plate. Serve cold or at room temperature, with crackers, and fruit, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends