If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If like me you like tart-sweet-savory dishes, this appetizer is for you. I wanted to replicate an addictive salsa from a Los Angeles restaurant we frequent when we are there; though called chipotle salsa, it always tasted fruity and spicy with clove and tamarind, so I tried to replicate it at home. This is a very easy (and addictive) recipe for wings. You can wing it with a greater or lesser number of wings for this amount of sauce. —creamtea
Serves 4-6 as an appetizer
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds chicken wings (about 8 wings); this recipe makes plenty of sauce, so the amount of wings can be fairly flexible.
- 1/3 cup tamarind paste
- juice of 1/2 clementine (strain to remove seeds if necessary)
- 1 pinch ground dried chipotle pepper
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoons ground cloves (to taste)
- Heat oven to 375º
- Rinse chicken wings, removing any pin feathers; pat dry, Arrange in a shallow roasting pan.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt
- In a bowl, blend tamarind paste, juice, and spices. Stir with a fork or whisk to combine.
- Roast uncovered in oven until done, about 25-35 minutes; serve hot, warm or room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weeknight Roast