If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Based on a recipe that had been clipped from a newspaper and circulating in my family for some time. —aussiefoodie
Makes 7 cups
- 3 cups Finely diced dried figs
- 1 cup Dried apricot
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Crystallised ginger finely chopped
- 1 Apple peeled and grated
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Brandy
- 150 grams Chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, cover and leave to stand for 2 days, stirring occasionally.
- Pack into sterilised haters and leave to mature for a month. Keeps well in the fridge (I kept some for at least a year).