If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crunchy and nutty skillet popped lentils in a bowl topped with an egg baked in bell pepper come together this decadent, gluten free and low calorie Egg Cup Lentil Bowl dish. —Megan Olson
- 1 1/2 cups dry lentils
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large red bell pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare lentils according to Skillet Popped Lentil recipe instructions
- While lentils are cooking, slice bell pepper into 4 rings then remove ribs & seeds as necessary
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray
- Cook bell peppers 3-4 minutes on each side until slightly softened
- Crack an egg into the middle of each bell pepper, it is fine if some egg seeps through the pepper
- Add salt & pepper to each egg
- Cook 4 minutes then place skillet under a low broiler for 5 minutes or until the top is baked through
- Remove eggs from oven & remove any egg on the outside of the bell pepper with your hand
- Divide lentils into 4 bowls, top with egg cups & enjoy!