If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
pound dry white beans
medium/large onions finely chopped
carrots cut into slices
of a bunch of celery (stalks and leaves chopped)
cup olive oil
cup diced tomatoes
tablespoon tomato paste
salt & pepper
- Rinse the beans, place them in a saucepan with cold water and bring over medium heat.
- Cook until they start to boil and then remove and drain.
- Add fresh cold water (to cover) and sugar. Cook for about 25’.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 15’. Add water if necessary.
- Add carrots, stalks of celery, diced tomatoes, tomato paste and cook for another 30’.
- Add olive oil, leaves of celery, tabasco, salt and pepper and cook until beans are soft and creamy.
- Note: The total cooking time depends on beans quality and usually takes 1 to 1.5 hours. Also, the quantity of water that soup needs depends on the desired consistency.
More Great Recipes: