If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this is just simple scratch cooking....the way granma and granpa did it
- 6 skin on chicken thighs
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 celery ribs chopped
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- splashes white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- dashes salt and pepper to taste
- 1 drizzle of oil of your choice or pat of butter
- 1-2 cups chicken broth
- sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper and heat oil in fry pan or dutch oven then brown chicken, skin side first then flip and continue browning in fat until juice runs clear. Remove chicken from pan and let cool
- add onions and garlic and celery and carrots to pan and simmer until softened in the chicken fat, 5-10 minutes
- set heat as low as possible and add flour to vegetables and stir for a minute or so... be ready and add wine to deglaze the pan of all the chicken bits and browned flour
- add chicken broth to pot and now shred your chicken, chop the browned skin and add to broth...let simmer while you make your dumplings
- 2 cups bisquick
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1-2 bunches rosemary or sage or cilantro..or none...depends how you like your dumplings
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- mix all ingredients in a medium bowl
- bring chicken stew back to a boil and then add dumpling mixture. then let simmer for ten minutes uncovered, then cover and simmer 10-20 minutes longer
- i like to crisp my dumpling tops so the taste like they came out of the wood stove oven so i put the pot under the broiler for just a minute or so before serving...