If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Toasted Skillet Popped Lentils seasoned with parsley and cayenne pepper. These nutty lentils make a delicious, low calorie under 20 minute meal. If you love popcorn you will love these! —Megan Olson
- 1 1/2 cups dry lentils
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, warm to medium heat & add olive oil
- Once the oil is hot, add lentils stirring them to coat in oil
- After 5 minutes, the lentils will start to plump up
- Continuing stirring the lentils & moving them around the pan
- Add salt, pepper & cayenne to the skillet & stir another 5-7 minutes
- When the lentils appear brown around the edges, add parsley
- Remove from pan & serve immediately