If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am adding this recipes in response of Pomare1999 hotline questions for Italian buttery cookies "kinda sandy". Sable means sandy so this might be what she is looking for. It is actually a French recipe but very much used in Italy. To make it special I add pistacbios from Bronte. I always buy pistachios from Bronte, Sicily. It is situated next to the Etna Volcano, the mix of the lava and the sun gives the pistachios a special flavour.
They are very easy to make and the dough can be freeze and used when you need. —Your Guardian Chef
Makes 24 cookies
- 230 grams of good quality butter at room temperature
- 320 grams flour type 00
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 grams pistachios
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients adding the pistachios at the end.
- Roll it in two sausage shape and wrap in cling foil.
- Keep in the fridge until the butter solidifies again, at least 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to bake them, cut the sausage into slices and lay them over a baking tin covered with parchment paper
- Sprinkle with sugar and cook in a hot oven at 180C for 15 minutes
- Once they are done, wait at least 10 minutes before moving them on a rack to cool down completely
More Great Recipes: