If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recipe courtesy of Australis Barramundi: The Better Fish. —Coley @ Coley Cooks
- 4 Barramundi Fillets, skinless (cut into 1-inch strips)
- 2 tablespoons Chile Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Medium Red Onion (cut into medium slices)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers (cut into medium slices)
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8-12 Yellow Corn Tortillas
- (Peanut oil as needed for tortillas)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack and/or Mild Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- Combine chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper together in a small bowl, coat the Barramundi strips in the spices
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear veggies using half the oil in a heavy skillet for about 4 minutes (softened but not wilted). Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add remainder of oil to pan and place fish strips down. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Flip the fish once with a spatula, trying not to break it too much. Cook one additional minute.
- Add veggies to the fish, gently mix and remove from heat.
- In a clean pan over low heat put a few drops of oil, add a tortilla and gently move around with fingers, flip and repeat, until warmed and softened, about 1 minute. Stack warmed tortillas on a plate and cover with clean dish towel to keep warm.
- Serve at once. Allow diners to spoon fish into tacos and add cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, etc., as desired. Eat with hands.