If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Macaroni and cheese - German style. Great after skying or walking in the snow —MarieGlobetrotter
- 1 Knackwursts, cooked
- 180 milliliters Cream
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Emmental or Mountain Cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons fried onions
- 3 tablespoons scallions
- Cook the macaroni as instructed on the box
- Cut the Knackwurst into slices.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan (medium heat) and season with nutmeg and salt. Add cheese and let it melt, stirring regularly - do not boil.
- Drain the pasta and pour into the sauce. Add the Knackwurst and cook for 2 mins on low heat.
- Spoon the macaroni into an oven-proof dish. Gratin ate for 10-15 minutes on 400F.
- In the meantime, clean scallions and slice very thin, Serve with fresh scallions and fried onions