Author Notes: Macaroni and cheese - German style. Great after skying or walking in the snow —MarieGlobetrotter
cups Emmental or Mountain Cheese, shredded
tablespoons fried onions
In This Recipe
- Cook the macaroni as instructed on the box
- Cut the Knackwurst into slices.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan (medium heat) and season with nutmeg and salt. Add cheese and let it melt, stirring regularly - do not boil.
- Drain the pasta and pour into the sauce. Add the Knackwurst and cook for 2 mins on low heat.
- Spoon the macaroni into an oven-proof dish. Gratin ate for 10-15 minutes on 400F.
- In the meantime, clean scallions and slice very thin, Serve with fresh scallions and fried onions