If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These may be high protein snacks, but I refuse to call them "energy bites." These mocha-flavoured balls are all about the flavour, and offer up a variety of textures to provide some heft. —Kallee Lins
Makes approx. 20 balls
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 almond butter (I prefer chunky to smooth)
- 4 dates, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground coffee (fine grind)
- 2 teaspoons dark cacao powder
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup additional coconut set aside for rolling (optional)
- Add all ingredients (except for the extra 1/4 c. coconut) to a bowl and use a fork to mix together thoroughly.
- With slightly damp hands, shape mixture into 1.5 - 2 inch balls.
- Roll each ball in a shallow dish filled with shredded coconut to coat. (if desired).
- Cover and chill mocha balls in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Keep extras stored in the fridge until enjoying.