If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tart is soul food through and through. It has all you liked when you were a kid and what you love as an adult. Warm, hearty and sweet with a slight vanilla hint. —Yelda Lynn
For the vanilla pudding
- 2 vanilla beans
- 500 milliliters heavy cream
- 250 milliliters milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 70 grams powdered sugar
- 40 grams starch
- Scrape out the pith of the vanilla beans. Place heavy cream and milk in a pot. Add vanilla and stir over medium temperature, bring to a boil. Let cool after.
- Mix egg yolks with powdered sugar until very light and fluffy. Sift in starch. Add to cream-milk-mixture, stirring constantly and let come to a boil again.
For the tart
- 250 grams all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bakind soda
- 150 grams butter
- 50 grams raisins
- 2 tablespoons rum, optional
- 8-10 organic apples, depending of their size
- 1 handful almonds
- 1 handful hazelnuts
- 250 milliliters heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon jam of your choice
- 100 grams marzipan
- Sift flour onto a working area. Make a hole in the centre and add egg, 100 grams of the sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Quickly knead into a smooth dough. Wrap it in wrapping foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Wash raisins and let drain water. In a small bowl drizzle with rum and allow to infuse for 10 to 15 minutes.
- For the filling, roughly chop almonds and hazelnuts. Mix with heavy cream, vanilla extract, jam, raisins and marzipan.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees. On a floured working area place dough. Sprinkle with flour, so it won't stick to the surface. Roll out as much as it fits onto a 10'' springform-pan. Place dough, press with your fingers and push it up the mold edge, about 3 cm high.
- Wash apples and peel them. Get rid of the core with a apple corer. Place apples onto the dough. Fill in with marzipan-mixture.
- Pour in vanilla custard. Bake for 70 minutes at 360 degrees. Remove tart from the oven and let sit for 24 hours for the custard to harden before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tart