Author Notes: When I moved to another place, I didn't have an oven. So I had to improvise. I had these amazing organic plums from my aunt I wanted to bake, so i had to roast it in a skillet.
You can use whatever fruits you want! Apples fit as well as plums. Even berries or cherries. —Yelda Lynn
grams all purpose flour
grams brown light sugar
teaspoon baking powder
cup melted unsalted butter
butter and sugar for caramelizing
- Wash plums, cut in half and remove seeds. Spread into a generously buttered skillet pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste. Put on medium heat.
- Sift flour in a bowl. Mix in sugar, eggs, baking powder, butter and stir well until dough comes together. If it is too firm, just sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons milk until dough gets liquid.
- Give dough onto plums and bake on medium heat with a lid, approximately for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat to low temperature and let bake for another 20 minutes untl dough is cooked through.
- Loosen cake with a knife from the egdes and give onto a plate or board upside down. Optional: Add powdered sugar and serve with clotted cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tart