If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is really difficult to get meyer lemons in Germany. Of course you can take other lemons as well. —Yelda Lynn
For the dough
- 50 grams sugar
- 125 grams flour
- 30 grams semolina
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
For the filling
- 3 meyer lemons (zest and juice), plus an additional one for decorating
- 4 large egg yolks
- 150 grams sugar
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature and cubed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a bowl mix butter, sugar and salt with a wooden spoon. Add flour and semolina. Mix well. The dough is crumbly, more like couscous. Grease a tart pan and press down dough from the center to the edges. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix egg yolks, lemon zest and juice of lemons and sugar in a heat-proof bowl. Put on low temperature and stir until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and add in butter. Slice a lemon into thin slices.
- When crust is ready, get it out of the oven and add custard. Put lemon slices onto custard. Bake for another 10 minutes. Serve after cooling completely.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tart