If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know it is not summer and peaches are not in season, but for the tart competition I couldn’t miss to submit my favourite tart. In the summer I make it every week and it is always a great success with all the guests, even the little ones. —Your Guardian Chef
Serves 8 people
For the caramel and top:
grams of good quality butter
grams macadamia nuts
cup calvados or cognac
For the short pastry
grams of good quality butter at room temperature
- Peel the 4 peaches and cut them in half to remove the kernels, trying to make some nice round shapes.
- Prepare the short pastry by combining all the ingredients, wrap it in cling foil and put it in the fridge.
- In a round metal baking tin pour the butter and the sugar and heat up on the stove to make the caramel.
- As soon as the caramel start turning yellow add the nuts and the peaches with the round side facing down. Let it simmer for 2 minutes at a very low heat.
- In the meantime roll the short pastry in a round shape, the same size as the baking tin.
- Add the calvados to the peaches and let it evaporate for another 2 minutes.
- Cover the peaches with the short pastry making sure the edges are inside the tin covering the peaches and touching the caramel. Don’t try to fold them nicely, you will risk to burn yourself.
- Bake in a hot oven at 180 C for 30 minutes.
- Once it is ready, take it out of the oven and turn it upside down immediately on a serving dish.
- Make sure all the caramel at the bottom of the tin is poured over the tart before it cools down and sticks to the tin.
- Serve cold with a good quality vanilla ice cream .
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tart