Author Notes: Pavlova is a New Zealand/Australian based meringue that will melt in your mouth. It leaves you light, yet satisfied. —Mary Grace
cups White Sugar
pint Heavy Whipping Cream
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Kiwis (or a similar tangy fruit)
teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 300F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper
- 2. Beat Egg Whites until they are able to hold their peaks (like whip-cream) Slowly add the sugar, beating it in. It should appear thick and shiny.
- 3. Add in Vanilla, Lemon Juice, and Cornstarch gently. Fold them in by scraping the edge of the bowl.
- 4. Put mixture into an icing bag, and make a circle on your parchment paper lined baking sheet. Try starting from the center and building out to the edge. There will be a slight depression in the center.
- 5. Bake for an hour and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- 6. Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks for and fill the depression of the meringue with whipping cream. Cover with fruit of your choice (I like kiwis, but anything tangy pops too)
- The original recipe was courtesy of goway. Available here: http://blog.goway.com/globetrotting/2014/09/recipe-new-zealands-famous-pav/