If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A smooth creamy coffee center is topped with —Sylvie @ Roamingtaste
- 125 grams butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1.1 pounds mascarpone
- 1/2 pound quark or ricotta
- 1/3 cup strong coffee/espresso
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- Blueberry Topping
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- Place the butter, sugar and salt into a bowl and combine until well mixed. Rub in the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk and ice water and combine until a dough forms.
- Knead on a floured surface and refrigerate for a minimum 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350F and roll the refrigerated dough out and press into your pie dish. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Line with baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden. Remove the beans and paper and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the blueberries and sugar in a small pot on low heat and covered. Cook until soft, stirring intermittently, approximately 10 minutes. Set aside and leave covered.
- Place the mascarpone, quark, coffee and sugar in a bowl and combine until smooth.
- Spoon the coffee into the pastry base and even out. Lastly, spoon the blueberry topping over the creamy filling.
- Slice and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tart