If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is so delicious and quick to pull together. And since its so simple, whipped cream or ice cream or frozen yogurt might just be an excellent topper... —kimbaddd
- 1 piecrust, either store bought or your own recipe (I love Trader Joe's crusts!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 large slightly ripened mangoes, thinly sliced
- In a springform pan, fit the piecrust in the pan, pressing excess crust up the sides of the pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and heat the springform pan with crust in oven while you make the filling (no more than 10 minutes). Make caramel by placing the sugar and water in a small nonreactive pan over medium high heat, stirring constantly. When the sugar mixture turns amber, immediately remove the pan from the heat so the sugar does not burn. If you can, place the pan in a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Remove springform pan from oven, pour the caramel mixture into hot crust filled pan, and then fill with mango slices. Be careful, the pan is hot! Bake for about 25 minutes or until the pastry is lightly browned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tart