If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am not a cookie lover, but I get cravings. And always at the busiest, oddest and most inappropriate of times. So there is nothing left to do but to make a quick batch that will satisfy the palate without completely tipping the calorie balance. I am also not a fan of bleached ultra-processed white flour. So I use Atta (Indian whole wheat flour) for all my baking! A dash of butter and it all makes it better. The texture is definitely different from a ‘regular’ cookie, but there is nothing these little munchkins don’t satisfy. And I have most definitely eaten the entire tray fresh out of the oven once! —Shuchi
Makes 20 minis or 12 regular
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (more if you like your desserts sweeter)
- 2 tablespoons dark maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup 1 tbsp atta
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes (optional)
- pinches salt
- splashes cinnamon
- splashes vanilla essence
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, oats and cinnamon & keep aside.
- Beat butter (room temperature) with the sugar and maple syrup till creamy.
- Add the egg, beat well and then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour mixture. Stir till combined (do not overmix) and then fold in raisins and coconut flakes.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place dollops of mixture on a non-stick baking sheet (leave an inch between each scoop as the cookie will spread) and bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Cool & store in an airtight container, or just eat them all up! Nom!
- Notes : 1. For an eggless/vegan version, substitute a) 1 egg with 1 medium banana, mashed, added the same time the recipe calls for egg b) 1/2 cup butter with 1/2 cup vegan butter (such as earth balance) or 1/4 cup vegan butter and 1/4 cup light olive oil. Other steps remain exactly the same.
- 2. You can also experiment with ingredients of choice, like chocolate (add 1/3 cup cocoa powder to the flour mixture and increase sugar by 2 tablespoons). The possibilities are endless!