Author Notes: This chocolatey tart has a hint of coffee, and a crunchy graham cracker crust. Top with honey-roasted figs. —Ashley
cups Crushed graham crackers (about 8)
teaspoons Melted butter
teaspoons Granulated sugar
ounces Dark chocolate
cup Heavy cream
teaspoon Instant Coffee
In This Recipe
- To make the tart shell: Combine the crushed graham crackers, melted butter and sugar in a medium sized bowl. Mix together with a fork. Press into an 8-inch round tart or quiche pan with removable bottom. Bake at 350 degree for 10 minutes.
- To make the filling: Add the heavy cream and instant coffee to a sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Note – the small amount of cream will heat very quickly, so be careful not to burn.
- In a heat proof bowl, add the chocolate, and pour the cream over. Mix together until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the filling into the tart shell. Let set in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- To make the figs: Slice figs in half. Top with honey. Roast at 350 degree over for 10 minutes.
- Top the set, chilled tart with graham crackers and figs.