If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have created this recipe with inspiration from an Indian dessert, Khulfi. —Kalpana
- 15 Maria cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup suger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios, toasted
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 8 ounces cream cheese, soften
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons suger
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 orange, peeled & cut into segments
- pinch salt
- To make the crust, in a food processor, break Maria cookies into smaller pieces; add pistachios, cardamom and sugar. Pulse it until it becomes crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse it until mixture is moist.
- Press the crumb mixture into bottom and sides of tart pan. Cover the tart pan and freeze it at least for an hour. The crust should be solid before adding filling.
- To make the filling, in a stand mixture with a whisk attachment, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, orange zest, cardamom and heavy cream. Whisk again until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Spread the orange marmalade on top of cooled crust. Pour the cream cheese filling. Smooth out the filling. Garnish with orange segments. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours before serving. Finish the tart within two days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tart