If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I concocted this recipe out of a need for, well, a good stiff drink. And one that had more flavor and zing - less sodium. No need to look like Puff the Magic Dragon the next morning. Change up the heat with as much or as little Tabasco as you want. But don't forget the lime! —vivisue
Suzi's Friend Mary
- 4 ounces Low Sodium Tomato Juice
- 2 ounces Mr. & Mrs. T's Bloody Mary Mix (regular, not Bold and Spicy)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco (in my case, 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon Suzi's Friend Mary Spice Mix (see below)
- 1/4 Lime, medium
- 1 ounce Vodka
Suzi's Friend Mary Spice Mix
- 1 tablespoon Red Chile Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Chile Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Celery Seed
- Rim glass with salt, if you prefer. I’m salty enough, so I do without. Fill glass with ice and mix all ingredients together in glass. Adjust the heat with the Tabasco, as tolerated. Stir thoroughly and garnish with celery rib, an olive and pickled cocktail onion. When we were in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania last year we ate at Primanti Brothers. They served a Pickled Mary. I ordered. They served. The garnish was a dill pickle spear. I can roll that way, too.