If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used only half the amount of sugar that the recipe called for, and did a demerara-white sugar combo. The nuttiness of the demerara really comes through and enhances the flavour of the peaches in this cake.
Note : recipe adapted from Julia's Album. —Kirthana | Theblurrylime
Serves 6 - 8
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup demerara sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar (plus extra for sprinkling over the top)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 60 grams butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup yogurt (I used full-fat)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 peaches, pitted and sliced into wedges
- Icing sugar (for dusting over the top)
- Preheat oven to 180 C and grease a 9” spring-form / regular pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Pour the prepared batter into the greased pan and arrange one layer of peach slices on top. (Note : I did 2 layers and added the 2nd layer of peaches halfway through cooking time). Once half-cooked, arrange another layer on top and sprinkle with sugar before putting the cake back into the oven to finish cooking.* You could do only 1 layer, in which case, sprinkle some granulated sugar on the peaches before you put the cake in the oven.