Author Notes: A tart raspberry quickjam compliments a bright chocolate swirl. An easy no-fight almond flour crust brings it all together. —AnnieCate
cups almond flour
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
ounces bag frozen rasberries
cup dark chocolate chps
- Begin with the filling. Place the raspberries in a small saucepan and cover. Cook over medium heat until raspberries defrost and liquefy --- this should happen very quickly. Add the dates and continue to cook for another two or three minutes.
- Blend the dates and raspberries together until smooth, then return to heat. Cook over medium for 9-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Towards the end, you may want to reduce the heat some so you don't get splattered on. Remove from heat and set aside
- Now begin your crust. Liquify the banana in a blender. Ad the rest of the crust ingredients, minus the baking powder. Blend till an even consistency is reached. Manually incorporate the baking powder into the dough.
- Divide the dough into six balls. Press the balls into a heart shaped cookie cutter. Remove the cookie cutter.
- Flatten & widen the hearts with your thumb, making large well in the center about (just under) 1/2 inch deep.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler.
- Fill the well in the hearts with the raspberry jam, and swirl in the chocolate,
- Bake for 16-17 minutes
- Serve with love. Optional -- sprinkle big salt flakes over top