If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A tart raspberry quickjam compliments a bright chocolate swirl. An easy no-fight almond flour crust brings it all together. —AnnieCate
- 1 greenish banana
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 ounces bag frozen rasberries
- 5 dates
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chps
- Begin with the filling. Place the raspberries in a small saucepan and cover. Cook over medium heat until raspberries defrost and liquefy --- this should happen very quickly. Add the dates and continue to cook for another two or three minutes.
- Blend the dates and raspberries together until smooth, then return to heat. Cook over medium for 9-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Towards the end, you may want to reduce the heat some so you don't get splattered on. Remove from heat and set aside
- Now begin your crust. Liquify the banana in a blender. Ad the rest of the crust ingredients, minus the baking powder. Blend till an even consistency is reached. Manually incorporate the baking powder into the dough.
- Divide the dough into six balls. Press the balls into a heart shaped cookie cutter. Remove the cookie cutter.
- Flatten & widen the hearts with your thumb, making large well in the center about (just under) 1/2 inch deep.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler.
- Fill the well in the hearts with the raspberry jam, and swirl in the chocolate,
- Bake for 16-17 minutes
- Serve with love. Optional -- sprinkle big salt flakes over top
More Great Recipes: Pies & Tarts