grams unsalted butter.
grams caster sugar.
grams ground almonds, like flour.
ground almonds, coarsely chopped.
grams demerara sugar.
teaspoon baking powder.
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven at 180 Celsius. Grease a 26cm baking tray.
- Peel and cut the apples in small slices.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and add the apples, sugar and the cloves. Cook the apples until they are soft. Remove and cool completely.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar and honey until fluffy.
- Fold in the almonds, baking powder. Do the same with the apples and essence.
- Pour in the prepared baking tray and bake for an hour. If the cake is browning too fast, loosely cover with foil.
- It can be served warm or cold with ice cream if preferred.