If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Its kinda like potato leek soup. Its kinda like a knish. Its definitely delicious. With a crusty outside and gooey mashed potato inside, this is a great recipe when you have too many potatoes (yes there is such a thing) or a lot of leftover mashed potatoes from the holidays. —kat gans
- 2 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 cup Mashed Potato
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 5 tablespoons Cold butter
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 3/4 cup Thinly Sliced Leeks
- 3/4 cup Jarlsberg Cheese Grated
- Quarter and boil 2 small/medium potatoes (I used russet). Boil about 10 minutes or until fork tender. Mash potatoes with fork or masher (Ive used leftover mashed potatoes before and they still turned out great), and set aside.
- Mix together flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- Cut butter into small cubes and with two knives or a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until its pea-sized.
- Mix in Jarlsberg, leeks, and mashed potatoes. Once fully mixed also add the yogurt and buttermilk until mixture is doughy.
- On a cutting board work dough into either one large or two small circular patties and spread out and flatten with the palm of your hand. Once at desired shape and size cut the circles into 12 triangles.
- Place on lightly floured pan and bake for 22 minutes at 425° until golden brown.