If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been trying to replicate a tart that I tried 14 years ago. Still haven't cracked it but the misses still taste great; like this one. —Christopher Reed Cryar
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup vanilla sugar, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted & ground
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Beat butter until light & fluffy; gradually add sugars, beating well after each addition. Add egg, beating for a minute. Fold in 1-cup almonds & almond extract. Mix well. Place on foil & refrigerate for one hour.
- Shape into a log approximately 8”long & 2” in diameter. If desired, cover log with additional almonds. Carefully wrap in aluminum foil & place in freezer. To serve, let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes, cut into slices & frost with whipped cream.
- It can be kept in freezer up to three months.
More Great Recipes: Desserts