If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This savoury pie is especially pretty when you use coloured potatoes. In Germany, we used something call Schmand for the filling. But since I can't easily find it here, I use cottage cheese (or cream cheese) —MarieGlobetrotter
small eggs yolk
tablespoons cold water
tablespoon fresh parsley
small purple potatoes , such as Laura or Kerr’s Pink
tablespoons olive oil
clove of garlic
- For the dough, put the flour in a bowl. Cut the cold butter into small cubes. Rubbing the chunks of butter between your fingertips and crumble the butter further into the flour. Add ½ tsp salt, the egg yolk, and 2-3 tbsp of cold water. Knead everything using a rubber spatula, then by hand to knead everything together. Wrap your dough and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven on 375F Roll out the dough and line your pie dish. Using pie weighs, bake the dough for 10 minutes. Remove the pie weighs and bake for another 5 minutes
- For the filling, stir together Cottage cheese, nutmeg, parsley and pepper. Set aside
- Wash the potatoes and cut into fine slices. Cook in boiling water until soft. Spread half of the cottage cheese filling at the bottom of the pie. Then arrange the slices of potatoes on top. Spread the rest of the cottage cheese on top. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with pepper
- Cut thin slices of garlic, and add garlic and rosemary leaves on top of your pie
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. When ready to serve, sprinkle with the rest of the olive oil.