If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm always so excited when the holiday season trots out Peppermint Bark to indulge on. By the end of Christmas, I'm pretty done on eating it on its own. I had some excess, so thought I'd put it to good use and make Peppermint Bark Brownies! —kimbaddd
- 3/4 cup peppermint bark, coarsely chopped, plus 2 tablespoons set aside
- 2 ounces unsweetened bakers chocolate squares
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 2/3 cup flour
- pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 8 inch square baking pan with butter.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate, butter, and 2 tablespoons of the chopped peppermint bark in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir together the flour and salt in a bowl, set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs until light and frothy, about 3 minutes. Gradually beat in the sugar. Add the vanilla. Fold in the melted slightly cooled chocolate until barely incorporated, then fold in the flour mixture until not quite incorporated. Fold in the chopped peppermint bark. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top.
- Bake until the top is dry, and when you insert a toothpick in center very moist crumbs attach, about 23 to 26 minutes. Cool completely. These brownies are extra moist, so its difficult to cut them when they are hot!