If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mango lime cream tart with coconut tart —Oh Sweet Day!
cup sweetened shredded coconut
cup all purpose flour
tablespoons all purpose flour
tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
cup powdered sugar
cups mango puree
tablespoons lime juice
packet powdered gelatine
cup whipping cream
teaspoons lime zest
- Preheat over to 350F. Grease a 9-inch pie dish with a removable bottom.
- To prepare crust, toast coconut in oven for a few minutes until lightly brown. Let cool completely.
- In a food processor, mix coconut, flour, butter, powdered sugar and salt until dough just becomes to form a ball.
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie dish.
- Freeze for 10 minutes. Then bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, mix mango, sugar, lime juice until smooth.
- Sprinkle gelatine over 1/2 cup mango mixture in a microwavable container. Microwave for 15 seconds, then stir until the gelatine is dissolved.
- Stir the gelatine mixture into the remaining mango mixture until well mixed. Let mixture sit in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid setting.
- In another bowl, beat 1/2 cup whipping cream with an electric mixer until it holds firm peaks. Fold in the mango mixture.
- Remove cooled pie crust from the pan. Pour the cream mixture in and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Refrigerate the tart until set, about 3 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Before serving, whip up the remaining cream until firm. Top the tart with the whipped cream and lime zest.