Serves: 6 to 8
grams superfine sugar
teaspoon rose water
teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 285° F (140° C).
- Separate the eggs and save the yolks for another use.
- Pour the whites into a clean bowl.
- Whisk on a low to medium speed until the whites begin to froth, then add the sugar one spoonful at a time until the whites become glossy and begin to peak.
- Whisk in the rose water.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spoon the egg white mixture onto the tray.
- Drip one or two drops of red coloring onto each meringue and then use a spoon to swirl the color in.
- Set the tray in the middle of the oven and bake for 1 hour, then switch the oven off and leave the meringues there without opening the door for another 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!