If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 6 to 8
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 285° F (140° C).
- Separate the eggs and save the yolks for another use.
- Pour the whites into a clean bowl.
- Whisk on a low to medium speed until the whites begin to froth, then add the sugar one spoonful at a time until the whites become glossy and begin to peak.
- Whisk in the rose water.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spoon the egg white mixture onto the tray.
- Drip one or two drops of red coloring onto each meringue and then use a spoon to swirl the color in.
- Set the tray in the middle of the oven and bake for 1 hour, then switch the oven off and leave the meringues there without opening the door for another 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: