If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So simple to make and yet so profoundly scrumptious, the perky colors and tastes of strawberries and mango, in brilliant array sit atop a flaky almond crust. With a bit of whipped cream and sprinkling of toasted almonds, what could be more delectable?
Makes 1- 10" tart
Almond Pastry Dough
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 2-4 tablespoons ice cold water
Strawberry Mango filling
- 1 quart strawberries
- 1 ripe Champagne or Atoulfo mango
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- To make the crust: Measure the flour, almond meal, sugar and salt into the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times just to mix.
- Add the butter and pulse to incorporate until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add water, starting with 2 Tb, and pulse, adding more water until it begins to come together.
- Pour the mix onto a table surface and press together to make a disc of dough.
- Roll dough into a 14-15 inch circle, it doesn’t have to be perfect! Transfer to a baking sheet.
- For the filling: Into a bowl, slice the strawberries and the mango. Mix in the sugar and flour.
- Pour the strawberries and mango mix onto the circle of dough, dispersing evenly to leave a border of about 1-2 inches. Fold edges of dough over the fruit creating a pastry frame, leaving the center open.
- Sprinkle the pastry lightly with sugar, if desired, and bake for 30 minutes until beautifully browned and beginning to bubble. Remove from oven, cool, and serve with ice cream or whipped cream and a sprinkling of toasted almonds. Serves 6-8
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tart